WWPD
WWPD
WWPD
WWPD
WWPD
WWPD
WWPD
WWPD

Friday, August 3, 2012

Viking Levy Archers

Eric Lauterbach bullied me into buying some Archers for my Vikings. Even though they are Levy, give no SAGA dice and are very....un-Viking, I decided to get some. Eric was nice enough to drag me around the vendor area of Historicon and help me put together 12 of these guys. Here are the pics:





There were some pretty slim pickings, so we had to run around to assemble 12. I got 4 from Gripping Beast (VIK13 Bondi Bowmen), seen below. They were $8.80USD for 4.


These guys are ok. They are larger and a bit less detailed than I am accustomed to. In fairness, Eric thought that these were some old Gripping Beast figs. They ARE Levy, so who cares?

The next 8 guys came in a pack from Eureka Miniatures USA. I got the 'The Dark Ages' Archers(8) for $18.40USD. I can't seem to find them on the web site....anyway, they seem pretty nice and detailed. They are a bit smaller than the other guys, but seem to fit in ok.




Overall, I am happy with both sets. There was not a lot of flashing, and the figures were easy to paint. And just to remind everyone, Steven and I are going for "get it on the table" paint jobs here, so these guys are pretty simple. Levies die easy anyway.


Top Posts Within 30 Days

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...