WWPD
WWPD
WWPD
WWPD
WWPD
WWPD
WWPD
WWPD

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

My Normans: Now and Later

I wanted to take a second to catalog my Norman army so far, and talk about where I plan to take it.  I've been slow getting this army off its feet since Saga is very much my "Second Game".

Currently, the army sits at 4 or 5 points, depending on how I run the spear armed Knights.  In a 4 point game, I'd run all 8 of them together as a unit of warriors making my 4 point army: 8 Mounted Hearthguard, 8 Mounted Warriors, 8 Warrior Crossbows.
Spear Armed knights- 4 with mail, 4 in padded armor

The Warlord!
Since I own 2 of the Conquest Games Norman Knights box, I have 8 knight models left to be painted (These are the old boxes with 12 Knights, the new ones have 15!).  I also have 12 Levy bowmen to be done.  So taking me to 6 points, I plan to paint 4 more knights in padded armor armed with spears.  They will join my 4 current knights with the same equipment to be my Warrior unit.
Crossbows!
 Then I plan to paint 4 more armored Knights with swords to be a 3rd unit of Hearthguard.  The 3 hearthguard units, Levy Archers, Crossbows, and mounted Warrior unit represent where I plan to take my Normans at 6 points.  This does leave me with 1 extra 4 man Knights unit (Armed and with Spears) which will mostly sit on the bench!
I plan to run the 6 point army like this:

  • 6x Mounted Hearthguard (armored with swords) 
  • 6x Mounted Hearthguard (armored with swords)
  • 8x Mounted Warriors (Unarmored with Spears)
  • 8x Crossbows
  • 12x Levy Bowmen


Unarmored with spears


Top Posts Within 30 Days

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...