WWPD
WWPD
WWPD
WWPD
WWPD
WWPD
WWPD
WWPD

Friday, August 24, 2012

Norman Crossbows!

To counter Jon's new Viking levy bowmen, I finally finished up some Norman crossbows!  With their reduction in enemy armor, these guys are one of the best shooting units in the game.  I've had great success with them- especially vs those who already take a reduction in armor against shooting like welsh or knights!


 The figures are a combination of Perry Miniatures' Mailed Crossbowmen and Revenge Miniatures Crossbowmen.  I can't find the Revenge miniatures anywhere but eBay.  Jon bought me a huge bag of the Revenge minis- 16 crossbows for $7 at Historicon!  Unfortunately, when I got it home, I realized it was 16 dudes in just 2 poses!
Fortunately, the Perry set comes with 6, so I ordered them and used 1 each of the Revenge poses to get my 8 man unit.

For bases, I used the 30mm Wyrd slotted bases, bases which I plan to use for all of my 28mm moving forward, including Bolt Action.

These are the two Revenge miniatures.  I really like the look of them!  Thanks Jon!
The whole unit


Top Posts Within 30 Days

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...