WWPD
WWPD
WWPD
WWPD
WWPD
WWPD
WWPD
WWPD

Monday, February 3, 2014

Scots by CGR Painters

by Dirty Jon

I picked up some Scots from Gripping Beast as a second Saga Army so that Luke and I could play some more games.  I just didn't have enough time to get these done, so we turned to Russ Levy and CGR for help.  CGR Painters is our go-to vendor when the pile of lead is just too big.  We were not disappointed!




I provided the guys in the pack and some bases and that was it.  I wanted to see what the guys at CGR could come up with, and you see the results.  Looks like I threw in a couple of large bases, too -- oops!  I love the color pallet Steve used here - there is a great mix or earth tones and some bright blues to add some variety.

These patterns are fantastic.



The guy on the left end will likely be my Warlord.  


...or maybe the guy 2nd from the right will be the Boss?






The packing job was very, very good.  Each model was individually wrapped in two layers - one of soft paper and the outer layer of bubble-wrap.  With all of these spears, I did have a few come loose, but I was able to fix them right up.





Conclusion:  10 of 10 Tartan Kilts
Steve McCuen painted these guys up for us and did some great work.  I asked for a "table top" job and I am very impressed.  He also added decals from LBMS and wire spears from Gripping Beast.  Each model is painted very well, with a great base and a nice matte clear-coat.  The painting schemes fit together really well and it looks like an army, not a collection of miniatures.

I could not be happier with the quality of this paint job and I highly recommend CGR for your painting needs.

Painting provided by CGR Painters.

Top Posts Within 30 Days

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...